Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Treat me right

On the way home from work today I heard the old 80's song by Pat Benatar called Treat Me Right. Remember that one? Remember her? She was so little and skinny! Anyway, I was thinking about the lyrics and how it reflects some people's relationship with God and could be sung from God's point of view.

Think of all the people who use the Lord's name in vain all day long but may not spend any time in prayer. Think of all the people who largely ignore God until a tragedy befalls them. 9/11 anyone? Remember how packed churches were? Look at the confession lines and then the number of people who receive the Holy Eucharist. I don't know how He doesn't smite us all.

He doesn't smite us because He is Mercy, Compassion and Love. He offers us the opportunity to return to Him, if we are truly sorry.

Which reminds me.. I need to get to confession.

No comments: