Thursday, October 22, 2009

Faithless women

Anonymous wrote : Can someone PLEASE talk about women who cheat on men....... As I write this there is a man living in the house God allowed me to purchase for my family...... The agony is unbearable...... Please pray for me that I can endure this cross......

The stereotypes are of the home-wrecking tart and the straying husband, but women cheat, too. Is it more shocking then when a woman is unfaithful? I think so. The woman is the heart of the home, and by extension the family, in most cases. She is the one who creates a comfortable refuge for her loved ones. That is not a stereotype, it is the way we are made.

Unfaithfulness destroys. It is a completely selfish act.

I know one man who went through unbearable agony and suffering when his wife cheated on him. He was willing to forgive her, especially for the sake of their children. He wanted to repair their lives, and their marriage. He went through a tremendous transformation because of it. He now says that he had to go through that; it was God's way of preparing him for something better. He is back in communion with the Church and is much happier now.


Anonymous, I am so sorry for your pain and suffering. I will pray for you. Please try the Divine Mercy chaplet. The closing prayer is so comforting, I hope you find it so. It says,

Eternal God, in Whom mercy is endless, and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments, we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy Itself. Amen.

No comments: